Massage Therapy is something, which has become highly popular in recent times for it offers great respite in this present time when almost everyone is leading a busy, hectic life. The massage therapists can work in a plethora of environment- from spas to beauty parlors. They do not just carry out massages but also different types of body and health related treatments. They also need to clean the room and do the laundry and everything related to the job description of massage therapy.
Massage Therapist Duties and Responsibilities
· Giving massages and all other type of body treatments to the customers.
· Informing the customers regarding the supplementary massages that can be carried out at home.
· Following different types of sanitary procedures in order to keep the room and the facility clean.
· Determining the type of massage that would suit the client the most and this has to be done after discussing with the customer about his/ her physical conditions.
· Studying the health condition of the customers and suggesting treatment plans that would be most appropriate for the client.
· Consulting with the chiropractors, physiotherapists etc for gaining knowledge about the treatment routines.
Massage Therapist Skills and Specifications
· Hard working
· Awareness of sanitary measures
· Ability to offer massage therapies of different nature
· Ability to meet customer satisfaction levels
· Good amount of knowledge about human nature and behavior
· Well versed with the different creams, lotions needed to carry out the massage
Massage Therapist Education and Qualifications
· A formal training in massage therapy program is highly imperative for becoming a Message Therapist.
· High school diploma or its equivalent is highly imperative.
Massage Therapist Salary
According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, the therapists receive $15.36 per hour. Apart from the fixed salary, the therapists receive tips from the customers.